The Sick Sad Book Club is (virtually) hosted by friends Ashley and Wesleigh, who met during college. We would love to literally host you and share snacks and everything, but considering we live in different states you’ll have to get to know us through the magic of the internet. You will see us signing off on posts and commenting during discussions and everything else related to this site and book club.
Ashley in 20 questions:
- Favorite Book: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- Least Favorite Book: Alas, Babylon Pat Frank
- Favorite Author: Margaret Atwood
- Favorite childhood book: The Hundred Dresses by Eleanor Estes
- Favorite Episode of Daria: “Pinch Sitter” season 1 episode 10
- Current Location: Pennsylvania
- Roommates: Tim (ball and chain), Emily (smart, strong, beautiful, awesome daughter), Paul (the coolest boy cat ever) and Hannelore (the sweetest little girl cat)
- Occupation: Sounds way more boring than it actually is, so I will not bore you
- Red or white: Red (shiraz or cabernet)
- How do you take your coffee?: black
- Beatles or Stones: Stones
- Beach or mountains: mountains
- Cats or dogs: Cats!!!
- Favorite Color: Green
- Boxers or briefs: Commando
- Favorite season: autumn
- Favorite flavor of cake: red velvet
- Best album of all time: Separation Sunday by The Hold Steady
- Favorite pizza toppings: mushrooms and spinach on thin crust
- Literary character you would want as a friend: Stephanie Plum (One for the Money by Janet Evanovich)
Wesleigh is a graphic designer who loves literature so much she double-majored in English for the fun of it. She loves throwing theme parties and starting more projects than she feasibly has time for. Her all-time favorite book is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. You can follow her at @Sweet_Madness on Twitter.
Have a question, comment, or cool Daria-inspired thing you want to share? Email us at sicksadbookclub [at] gmail [dot] com.